The majority of homeowners do not think too much about the components of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or before it comes time to replace it. In order to get the most out of this important appliance it can be very good to know how it keeps your food and drinks cold—and Beaverton Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to learn what you should understand about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s time to hire refrigerator repair Beaverton.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many homes that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-have kitchen appliance for a lot of years now. A household refrigerator stores your food at the best temperature, to eliminate spoiling and limit bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by moving the heat from the interior of the unit to the exterior, by relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Beaverton Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combination of a pump and motor, and it’s need for the circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the back outside panel of the refrigerator and will help to release the heat built-up from inside the refrigerator out into the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is located on the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat contained within it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to hire a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is directed within a capillary tube that works as an expansion device as it cools the gas, thereby turning the gas back into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period when needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Beaverton for repair right after a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator is above the set point sensors signal the compressor to begin, and the next cool down starts. The unit collects the cold liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor guides the hot gas towards the condenser coils located on the back of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the home and reverts to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquified gas then continues on its trip towards the evaporator component, pushing through the many coils on the inside of the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The coolant then absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, thereby returning the temperature down to the correct final point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate, and will turn back to a gas form, and returns to the compressor unit so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is used in a number of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from a single place and moving it to somewhere else the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, provides a optimal storage space for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? You can schedule repair with Beaverton Appliance Repair.
Beaverton Appliance Repair will repair nearly all popular brands of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our service technicians in Beaverton complete training to fix issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation issues, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, digital controls, smart technology and other issues. We everything about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working